The story tells of a man who pulled the mighty sword Excalibur from a rock which no one else could achieve. This feat signified that he should be king of the Britons and lead them to peace. The trouble is there is mass chaos in the land and the only way Arthur can stop it is to find the holy grail which has been hidden for over a thousand years. Aurthur is joined by Percival and Lancelot on his quest to find the grail.
The legend of Excalibur, handed down from generation to generation.
See more »
Did You Know?
Knights of the Round arcade version has been ported over to Playstation 2 and Xbox as part of the Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 2. See more
[In the original Arcade opening
It has been said that only the man who is destined to be the king can pull out the sacred sword Excalibur from the rock. But oneday, Arthur, who had been training himself to be a knight, pulled out the sword and so this story begins...
[Arthur holds up his sword and then meets Merlin in the next shot with his friends Lancelot, Perceval
Only the holy grail can release this world from attain the chaos. You should be able to find it because you were able to sacred ...
The 1991 original arcade version of Knights of the Round features many of the following for this game.
- The Arcade version features high quality graphics, instrumental arcade rock music and has some voices.
- The arcade has has many features not included in the SNES game, including an exclusive close up shot of Arthur's hands pulling up the Excalibur sword out of the stone
- The Arcade allows for a 3 player mode option.
- Some animation backgrounds in Level 2 show the battle with knights clashing swords.
- Having the option to continue after the player dies. In the Arcade version you needed quarters to continue to play. The Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 2 for Playstation 2 and Xbox doesn't require quarters to play.
- The player can ride the horse more often in Level 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7.
- Every time the enemy gets hit by a weapon it shows orange blood effects.
- Religious references like "Holy" and "Sacred" are used in the game.
- When the tiger enemies gets knocked back by the player, the tigers genitals are briefly show which was unusual at the time before the ESRB rating was introduced in 1994.
- The final boss Garibaldi on Level 7 is seen on his horse fighting the player, if he runs low on HPs, he will be fighting on foot.
- The Arcade ending credits features 7 bosses with their Knight soldiers followed with the ending showing the sunset mountain scenery with the words Presented by Capcom and the word End added.
Featured in Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle