Bret Hart Makes A Return. Vince McMahon Is Highlighted.
Did You Know?
The first two hours were shown live on WWE.com from 9pm-11pm EST. USA Network aired the last hour at 11pm EST, which featured the inductions of Gene Okerlund, Eddie Guerrero, and Bret Hart. The entire event was released on DVD as part of the WrestleMania 22
(2006) DVD set. See more
There are some differences between the portion broadcast on TV and the corresponding portions of the event on the DVD. Most of the edits/alternate footage on the DVD occurs in the spots where the commercial breaks were placed on TV.
- - On TV Gene Okerlund comes out to his rendition of "Tutti Fruitti". On the DVD that song was replaced with generic piano music. The DVD also replaced the shot of Hulk Hogan handing Gene the award/plaque with two crowd shots.
- - Gene Okerlund's first comment "Thank you. Thank you, very, very much" was trimmed down to "very, very much" on the DVD.
- - After Gene finished his speech, on TV his rendition of "Tutti Fruitti" was again played, while the DVD again used generic piano music instead.
- - On TV, after Gene Okerlund's induction, Lilian Garcia came out and introduced all of the people that were inducted earlier that evening. Immediately following that, Master of Ceremonies Jerry Lawler came to the podium to introduce the Eddie Guerrero career retrospective. Both of these segments were edited out of the DVD, which cuts right from Gene Okerlund to the Eddie Guerrero career retrospective.
- - After Rey Mysterio comes out, a three-shot of him, Chris Benoit, and Chavo Guerrero standing at the podium was replaced with a shot of Eddie's mother weeping, which would be repeated a few seconds later.
- - After the Eddie Guerrero induction there was a commercial break on TV, after which Jerry Lawler came to the podium to introduce the Bret Hart career retrospective. This is edited from the DVD, which from the Eddie Guerrero induction to the Bret Hart career retrospective.
- - On TV, after Stone Cold Steve Austin comes out (to induct Bret Hart), he shakes hands with Jerry Lawler, raises his fists in the air, then it goes to commercial. Following the commercial is a shot of the whole theater, a close-up of Steve at the podium, and a crowd shot. The DVD cuts right from the handshake to the crowd shot, omitting the raised fists and other footage in between.
- - Approximately 30 minutes was cut from Bret Hart's speech on the TV broadcast.
Follows WWE Hall of Fame 2004