Chris wakes up, kisses Daryl Hannah, does his paper route, drags his neighbor to an amusement park and gets stuck on a roller coaster.
Did You Know?
This is the only episode of the series that was filmed in front of a live studio audience. See more
In the scenes with Chris' parents, Chris' hair is much shorter than it is in the rest of the episode. This is because those scenes were re-shot after the pilot was completed with Elinor Donahue
replacing June Lockhart
as Gladys. Chris Elliott
had cut his hair shorter when those scenes were re-shot. See more
An unaired version of the pilot has leaked which is four minutes longer. In this version:
- June Lockhart played Gladys instead of Elinor Donahue.
- The first scene with Chris and his parents in their kitchen is longer.
- The argument between Chris and Larry about the pig that they killed is much longer.
- Before Chris and Larry leave, Sharon threatens to maim Larry and murder Chris if they go to the amusement park.
- When Chris and Larry go to the amusement park, "Roam" by The B-52's plays instead of "Head Over Heels" by The Go-Go's.
- After Chris says Larry's name on TV, he tries to save himself by saying "Larry Potterhoffstein".
- The final scene between Chris and his parents is much longer. Chris does not tell them about the rollercoaster and they have a discussion about Chris' future.
- "Roam" plays again during the closing credits instead of the series' closing theme song.
We Didn't Start the Fire
Written by Billy Joel
Sung by Chris Elliott See more