Dragon Ball (1995–2003)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 10 items
Sex & Nudity
- Mild nudity. Some characters' (mostly male children) buttocks are seen from time to time. In one scene a girl's bare breasts are briefly visible (no nipples). One scene features a girl showering and the side of her breasts and her butt can be seen. However, these scenes are not explicit in any way.
- One male child is briefly seen with full frontal nudity, genitalia and all. The scene is non-sexual though and innocent.
- A few of the characters are perverted and try to hit on and grope women, and "sneak peeks". Again, though, this is mild and not explicit.
- A male character makes a wish for panties at one point and receives a pair.
- Goku, a child, sometimes mentions his "balls" and wonders why Bulma (a grown woman) doesn't have any. In a later scene, he removes her underwear while she sleeps and looks at her naked crotch (her genitals aren't shown).
Violence & Gore
- Lots of fantasy action violence, often involving martial arts and energy-based attacks. The fights do become quite violent in later seasons. Characters on the show die, however, deaths are often undone through wishes made with the Dragon Balls. It may be a bit much for young children.
- Very minimal. The occasional childish insults and name calling. Japanese subtitled version has slightly more profane language, but even this is fairly tame.
- Words like "damn" and (occasionally) "a--" are used.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Many characters are social drinkers/smokers. Occasionally characters become drunk, however this is rare, and it is always done in a comical fashion. The activities are not condoned or glorified in any way.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Some of the violent/death scenes can be a bit emotional/intense..