- Also released some solo albums. In 1983 he made the mini-album "Star Fleet Project" with Van Halen among others. Other May-albums are "Back to the Light" (1992), "Live at the Brixton Academy" (1993), "Another World" (1998) and he also worked on "Furia" in 2000 (an album with music for a French movie). He had hits with "Too Much Love Will Kill You", "Driven By You" and "Back To The Light".
- Credited with guitar on the song "Cassandra" and guitar and vocals on the song "Slot Machine", both on Steve Hackett's 1986 album "Feedback 86". He also receives a co-writing credit with Steve Hackett for "Slot Machine".
- Co-wrote the song "Don't Fall Away From Me" from Steve Hackett's 1992 album "The Unauthorised Biography".
- (July 15 to August 24, 2014) He and Roger Taylor were musical supervisors for Queen and Ben Elton's musical, "We Will Rock You," at the Ahmanson Theatre in Los Angeles, California. Ben Elton was developer.
- (2013) Book (with Denis Pellerin & Paula Richardson Fleming): "Diableries: Stereoscopic Adventures in Hell (3d Stereoscopic Book)". London: London Stereoscopic Company. ISBN 0957424604
- (2017) Book: "Queen in 3-D (3d Stereoscopic Book)". London: The London Stereoscopic Company. ISBN 095742468X
- (2018) Book (with David J. Eicher): "Mission Moon 3-D: Reliving the Great Space Race (3d Stereoscopic Book)". London: London Stereoscopic Company. ISBN 1999667409
- (2019) Book: "Brian May's Red Special: The Story of the Home-Made Guitar that Rocked Queen and the World". London: Carlton Books Ltd. ISBN 1787390780