"Marvel's The Defenders" follows Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist. A quartet of singular heroes with one common goal - to save New York City. This is the story of four solitary figures, burdened with their own personal challenges, who realize they just might be stronger when teamed together.
Did You Know?
In the Marvel Comics, the Defenders were a team with a constantly shifting roster. As of 2016, the Marvel Cinematic Universe has 18 characters who have appeared in the Defenders:
- Dr Strange and the Incredible Hulk (who have their own films)
- Captain America (who has his own series)
- Yondu, Drax the Destroyer and Howard the Duck (from Guardians of the Galaxy (2014))
- Scarlet Witch and the Vision (from Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015))
- Hank Pym and Scott Lang (Ant-Man) and Janet van Dyne (Wasp) (from Ant-Man (2015))
- Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist (who all have their own series)
- Patsy Walker (Hellcat) (in Jessica Jones (2015))
- Valkyrie (from Thor: Ragnarok (2017))
- Spider-Man (from Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017))
- Carol Danvers (Captain Marvel) (from Captain Marvel (2019))
The opening credits are a sequence of cityscapes of New York, with colored silhouettes of the Defenders (Daredevil in red, Jessica Jones in blue/purple, Luke Cage in gold and Iron Fist in green). See more