Imprisoned, the mighty Thor finds himself in a lethal gladiatorial contest against the Hulk, his former ally. Thor must fight for survival and race against time to prevent the all-powerful Hela from destroying his home and the Asgardian civilization.
The Thor: Ragnarok cast reveal which star had the cast in stitches during filming and which Avenger or Guardian would be the easiest to defeat in a one-on-one battle. Plus, learn more about the early career of Valkyrie, Tessa Thompson.
In the near future, a weary Logan cares for an ailing Professor X, somewhere on the Mexican border. However, Logan's attempts to hide from the world, and his legacy, are upended when a young mutant arrives, pursued by dark forces.
When Tony Stark and Bruce Banner try to jump-start a dormant peacekeeping program called Ultron, things go horribly wrong and it's up to Earth's mightiest heroes to stop the villainous Ultron from enacting his terrible plan.
Robert Downey Jr.,
Armed with a super-suit with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, cat burglar Scott Lang must embrace his inner hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.
Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe and finds himself in a race against time to get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok, the destruction of his homeworld and the end of Asgardian civilization, at the hands of an all-powerful new threat, the ruthless Hela.
The names of the various space ships in this movie are a nod to Australia's Holden car marque. They are model names of various iconic models, such as the Commodore, Torana, Statesman and Kingswood. See more »
When Skurge fires his rifles, he fires a lot more rounds than the 30-round magazines can bold. He fires at least 10 times that. See more »
[Thor is thrown into Muspelheim in chains]
I know what you're thinking. "Oh, no. Thor's in a cage. How did this happen?" Well, sometimes you have to get captured just to get a straight answer out of something. It's a long story. Basically, I'm a bit of a hero. See, I've spent some time on Earth... for the record, I saved the planet a couple of times. Then I went searching through the cosmos for a couple of magic colorful Infinity Stone things... but didn't find any. That's when I ...
[...] See more »
Part of the closing credits are a sequence of illustrated scenes from the film. See more »
Epic Space Adventure which propels Chris Hemsworth's Thor to A-List Status!!!
I just came back from seeing it and this movie is awesome man.
1) the action scenes were top notch in this movie. Thor has never been this epic in the MCU. He does some pretty epic sh*t in this movie and he is definitely not under-powered anymore. Thor in unleashed in this, I love that.
2) Marvel did a damn good job in hiding some spoilers in the trailers.
3) design-wise, the movie is totally beautiful. not a single bad effect in the movie. even the scene that changed from city to field looks better on the actual big screen.
4) the freaking soundtrack. absolutely perfect. Immigrant Song FTW.
5) Hela is totally bad-ass too. powerful, commanding, with just the right amount of scenery-chewing. hell, a lot of characters are so delightfully over-the-top in this.
6) great supporting cast too. Valkyrie owns everything the moment she enters the movie. even Surtur was pretty darn hardcore. and Korg is freaking hysterical. Man I loved Korg!
7) the movie's got a lot of humor. that may be a problem to some ..but, when it's time to take things seriously, the movie does exactly that. specially towards the spectacular third act, when real sh*t is going down, the humor dials back a ton. It is only during the Sakaar portions of the movie where most of the humour is, not without several moments of sincere character interaction of course.
8) I thought what they did with the "Ragnarok" part was kind of genius. this may not be the Winter Soldier of Phase 3 they told us, but it does make some significant changes to the overall MCU, or at least, the Thor section of the MCU.
9) The pacing of the movie was perfect. Plus there wasn't a single scene in which I felt bored.
Overall this was one of Marvel's best films for me. It would definitely be in my top 5 marvel movies along with civil war, winter soldier, guardians of the galaxy and iron man 1. I'll probably rank it at 2nd or 3rd!!!
47 of 68 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
| Report this