YouTube Puts Logan Paul’s Future Projects On Hold, But Doesn’t Cut Ties With Creator

YouTube Puts Logan Paul’s Future Projects On Hold, But Doesn’t Cut Ties With Creator
Logan Paul’s YouTube Originals projects are on “indefinite hold,” YouTube executives confirmed at the Television Critics Association press tour Saturday — but they would not say that the platform had cut ties with him permanently and did not rule out working with him in the future.

YouTube chief business officer Robert Kyncl and head of original programming Susanne Daniels told reporters that when incidents arise involving YouTube talent, what’s most important is to “protect the community” of YouTube creators, advertisers, and viewers.

“We believe [Paul] made unfortunate missteps,” Kyncl told reporters. “Actions should speak louder than words and Logan has the opportunity to prove that.”

After uploading a tone-deaf and offensive video shot in Japan’s “suicide forest” last month, Paul’s appearances in the upcoming new season of the YouTube Originals series “Foursome” and a sequel to the 2016 film “The Thinning” were canceled. Meanwhile, the YouTube star has taken
See full article at Indiewire »

Similar News